Pages

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Indian Summer

Hello...
Gosh its been a few weeks since I last posted, where did that go.
I've been trying to catch up for a few days and got a bit confused where I'm up to as my 'blogrolls' on two of my blogs have disappeared. But it appears (I think) not my fault but a problem which will be rectified soon ??
So... trying to get back to normal at last... today...here's a mainly digital piece for  AJJ new fabulous theme 'Indian Summer'  hosted by the lovely Valerie.


Digi kits used 'Autumn returns' and ' A scrap of art' both by Lynne Anzelc.
And the face one from one of my paintings  (the one that I added the stamped birds too)

I think the heat-wave we had here in parts of the UK for a good 10 days, from the second week of September, counts as an Indian Summer. The two conservatories (which came with our house) act like green houses when its hot - but it gets too hot for me and it gives me headaches, make it hard to sleep and feel right out of sorts.
So I am glad it has cooled down a bit now.

We had some unusual skies in September too... 


 
and the birds were hot and liked to cool down
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today
and any comments are very much appreciated.
Gill x
will try and catch up as best I can :)

11 comments:

  1. Your gorgeous journal page is lovely to look at, and I love how you have incorporated that beautiful face. Great photos, too, it really was hot, here too, and I am quite happy that is has now cooled off a lot. Hope you are now fit and well again! Have a nice day, and thanks for the 'lovely Valerie', that did me good! Thank for another lovely piece for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I love your super page... the original was so beautiful as well!
    Good to see you around again, I missend you and V. told me that you don't feel so well in th heat. Can imagine that it is exhausting . We had some wonderful days here as well.. not as hot as in summer but so beautiful and good to work in the garden and prepair for winter.Now it rains since two days and got cold - brr.
    Beautiful photos Gill!
    Thank you so much for joining us at AJJ
    happy rest of the week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your autumn page is gorgeous. Love how the lovely girl has the birds in her hair, she looks so beautiful. The photos you shared are wonderful as well, you must have a lovely view from your home.
    Its good to see you back in blogland Gill.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay glad to have you back Gill with such a fantastic creation too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where you disappeared to. Glad to see you back also. I love your page. Its got some great texture. The bouquet in the girl's hair is wonderful. And how cool to have conservatories on your house, but sorry it got so hot and gave you head aches. Glad your temperatures have gone back to something a little more normal and fallish. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,your girl of autumn are so beautiful,love her eyes and cute mouth,here is the waether are wonderful.
    all days shining the sun and i walk in the beautiful autumn nature,your photos are beautiful.
    love the bird in the water,he is happy and shower a little bit.
    i have missed you,iam glad you see you on AJJ :-)
    happy weekend.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painted lady looks lovely on her golden russet background. I like her hairstyle and the birds seems to like it too.
    Great photo of the collared dove bathing. Yes, thank goodness it has got cooler, the sun seems to have been brighter than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page with a very beautiful face you painted. Great to see your photos as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful autumn-page with your beautiful painted face and the warm-colored hair-decoration!
    Very cool photo of the bathing and splashing bird in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful painting and I love both versions you have created! Your photos have captured such gorgeous unusual skies - the bronze autumn shade is wonderful! Sorry I'm so late visiting and wishing you a happy Friday! J :-)
    

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painted girl is such a beauty!!!
    Love her with the vibrant leaves and pretty birds adorning her.
    She definitely warms my he♥rt.
    Brilliant skies ... nature really can take our breath away!
    Your dove looks happy and busy cooling off in the water.
    I'm with you on too much heat.
    Spring and Fall are more my idea of nice weather when it's on the cool side.
    Happy October Gill.
    I am behind too being unplugged for a bit.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x