Pages

Friday, 7 October 2016

Drips and Splatters


Hello....
I'm linking to the new theme over at Moo Mania & More  which is 'drips and splatters' and immediately that conjures messy grungy things which I love. It sounds a good excuse to go mad, have lots of fun and splat a lot of paint about... but before doing that... here's a mainly digital piece using another one of my painted faces.   
I made two versions but I think the first is my favourite. 


I digitally blended the photo of my artwork over a digital background I made a few years ago (the mesh looking stuff isn't real) then I duplicated and added the face again as I wanted it a bit more symmetrical (down below is the original artwork). 
Then I added a few digital bits from some kits I had and some bits, including the red blobs from kits I made a few year ago called 'Grunge en rouge' and 'Grunge it'.
I also used a digital grungy splatter sort brush to add the black splodges that hopefully make it look like she has hair.



This is the first  piece I made before it evolved into the other
 
 
 
Thank you for visiting
and any comments are very much appreciated.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Gill  x

9 comments:

  1. I Love both faces, but the first one is my fave, too. Really well done, grungy and drippy, just gorgeous! You could link it to AJJ, too, as the colours fit wonderfully to Autumn! Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic what you made with your original face - looks super cool this digital version! I like the more green one as well - Both is super!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania & More Gill!
    I wish you a happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be hard to say if I preferred one more than the other, they both look fantastic. Great paint effects with the slashed and drips. The original painting looks wonderful as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer your original paint. It's great and it's very different from the faces you did before, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo fabulous

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh fab face Gill, so much depth to it, you really are such a whizz with all the digi stuff.
    Have a lovely weekend too ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this post Gill, but how spooky it is. I love it. Great interpretation of drips of splatters. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x