Pages

Monday, 10 October 2016

Autumn is coming

Hi.....
Today for  AJJ Indian Summer - Golden October - Autumn   I have a mix of stamping and drawing. The background is a mix of Aquamarker pens and Panpastels. I used my eraser on the Panpastels to (try) draw a hill in the distance and give a bit of perspective.

It's been a lovely day with the sun shining, although it's now much cooler than a couple of weeks ago but still doesn't look very autumnal here.... but I'm sure autumn is coming.... soon :)

 
I'm still working on some Christmas decorations for the Steampunk themed tree and hopefully will have time to make some other ones for my traditional tree.
The big snowflakes (bought cheap one Christmas to use on a card) were originally white felt but I've painted them to hopefully look a bit rusty and grungy. I found that one of my cog dies fitted snuggly in the middle of the snowflake that had a hexagonal whole in centre.
 
 
The nut/bolt looking things on the one bauble I have completed so far are made from craft foam, the 'nut' was a hexagonal left over bit from one of Tim Holtz Sizzix mixed media dies.

 
Thank you for visiting.
Happy Monday to you
Gill x



8 comments:

  1. Your toadstool-page is so lovely Gill - thank you very much for linking to Art Journal Journey and your rusty snowflakes look super - I am looking forward to the next pieces of your steampunk christmas tree again this year! Have fun at creating this!

    Happy new week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your autumn page is gorgeous, love those colours. I saw one of those spotted mushrooms yesterday.
    The steampunk decorations are wonderful, too. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful page Gill, you have created a lovely scene in the background.
    Your grungy tree and ornaments are going to look fabulous, these ones are great.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece for AJJ today. We've gotten cooler and really fall weather lately, so I am not waiting any more. But I like your piece a lot Gill. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Autumnal creation Gill, beautiful colours. Oooh more steampunk decorations, love your rusting effects, really realistic
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely autumn page, the light emanating from the underside of your toadstool is wonderful - so magical! Your steampunk Christmas decorations are perfect, I love the rusted look you have created :-). Wishing you a happy week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fall art page you made! It is absolutely gorgeous! And your Christmas decorations are stunning! Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely golden autumn. I like the way the toadstool is stretching towards the sun.
    These snowflakes look marvellous, with lovely warm rusty colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x