Pages

Monday, 5 September 2016

School Report.... for AJJ

ooops I think I've lost a bit of the colour in the photo.
'Miss will probably say do a 100 lines.. 'must do better'
This is for AJJ and Elizabeth's fab Back To School theme and you can guess what I found (and wish I hadn't ha ha )that was behind the idea for making this page.
 
 
 
So besides drawing out a faux report ( or is it? ) I added some bits from my old school dictionary. The left side is 'School' and right is definition for ' Geography and Geology'. Used stamps by All Night Media and Cherry Pie. Colour: PanPastels and Inktense pencils and Aquamarkers.
 
I expect to learn quite a few things with this challenge i.e different words and expressions from around the world and maybe even from different eras too.
When I started school in England in the 1960's it was called 'Infants school' then I went on to 'Junior school' at then aged about 11 to Senior school which was a Grammar school for girls. 
After 3 years things changed in the education system and the school merged with a nearby mixed senior school and became known as a Comprehensive school.  Sadly my education suffered because of that and my final exam results were pretty bad, however if that hadn't happened that way, I don't think I would have met my lovely husband  - so no regrets :)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by
and any comments
are always appreciated
Gill x



11 comments:

  1. What a great report card you created today, dear Gill. I never got one with all that beautiful art attached to the grade or score. Very clever and creative.

    Thank you for explaining your school system, which of course, I didn't realize was SO very much different from those in the states. I've learned so very much already this month, and although you say your final grades weren't the best, they produced your husband, for which, you seem extremely happy. Another great Back to School entry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page Gill and I agree with you that we learn so much about the different education- and school systems all over the world right now...
    and I would never had googled school friends without the current theme at AJJ. Found friends from the past and found out that some of them have made fabulous careers as well ..wow..very impressed but not jealous.
    I didn't make any great career after school - and no wonder as I was a very
    lazy and rather mediocre pupil, - but had wonderful years after school as a bookseller - I loved my profession - and now I love to stay at home on the countryside and not have to go to work each day- wonderful life - I am so thankful for how my life turned out yet - yepp.


    Thanks a lot for your page and private facts from memories about your school time!
    Happy new week Gill!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun journal page, I always enjoy looking at old reports, and still have all of mine! Go to the top of the class! Thanks so much for another great page for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that lovely page Gill!
    And I love to read your little stories!
    Ciao Beo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well true or made up I think its a great school report Gill. You have created a fabulous page, I did notice the A for Art, it should have been plus not minus.
    We are learning a lot about education in different places, it is really interesting.
    It was an all girls Grammer school for me back in the day, the teachers wore gowns and the Head, oh boy was she a formidible lady.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all this learning from this challenge too. Its interesting to learn about how schools work in different countries and even in different parts of the US. When I started school in the 60's I went to elementary school. Then in my 6th year I went to junior high and then after 3 years, when I was 14, I went to high school. Now they don't call it junior high any more but call it middle school. I love your page. I think its fascinating how you made that great report card and added those great stamped images.Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page Gill, I think my reports always said I was too quiet,you can't win can you?!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting post about your school-time. I also started in 1960 and ended in 1972 - no great career after this! I married and tried my best in working. And now I love to have time for all this incredible art making :)
    Your page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your "faux" report. I wonder if they still get this kind of report today. I don't think our school reports were as pretty as this.
    That's a good point about us learning about education throughout the world with this AJJ challenge and it could be very interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful page and I think you should have given yourself an A+ for ART on your School Report! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a Happy Weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun to find out more about other schooling.
    That's not a bad report you have there at all Gill.
    AND the silver lining of meeting your husband is really special.
    Nice page!
    oxo
    p.s. I wanted to thank you so much for your extra nice comment on our son's hiking adventures. I have been unplugged trying to bring some order here and it's taking longer than expected. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x