Pages

Saturday, 3 September 2016

Maths for AJJ and Music for me

Back to school is the new theme at AJJ that the lovely Elizabeth has assigned us.
I'm checking my spelling and sums as I don't want to be downgraded and get in trouble with 'miss'.
This is my mainly digital assignment with an acrylic background from a journal.


 


I spent Friday afternoon playing with my Pebeo Dyna paints and painted another T-shirt again using a large Tim Holtz mask called 'Concerto'. Fairly pleased the way it turned out -I just love the way the colours look different depending whats underneath :)
Music has always played a part in my life almost from the day I was born. At junior school I had violin lessons. At senior school I was suppose to have piano lessons but I couldn't find the class and being quite shy didn't speak up and ask where to go - consequently I never learnt to play. But 10 years after leaving school I took up keyboards and synthesizer's and even now after trying on and off to learn to read music, just play by ear.


 
 
 


 Thanks as always for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.
Gill x



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful hits today, Gill. I noticed you call the subject matter "maths," while we in the states call it "math." I've always been fascinated by that.

    I adore your really positive maths message on your chalkboard. I always love that kind of adding and multiplying.

    I have a friend who has that music stencil, and you have created a lovely tee. It's amazing how the colors look like a rainbow. I was saddened to read that you missed part of your education, but whether you read music or play by ear, you make great art! AJJ is proud to have your entry today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your addition and words on the terrific journal spread Gill. Two fabulous messages as well as the wonderful images.
    Your Tee shirt make over looks amazing, love the colours and how they shimmer. Good for you learning the key board and playing by ear. That's a talent many would like to have.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The journal spread is super, and you will definitely NOT be downgraded from this Miss, so go to the top of the class! The shirt with the music painting looks amazing, love it, I have several old shirts which could do with something to brighten them up. Top marks for you today! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely maths messages on your nice pages! Adorable - and that stencil is just super for a tee - great idea to use it in this way! Well done - The colours turned out fantastic!

    I can't play any instrument and I can't sing -
    but I love music and enjoy to hear it -- many different genres.
    Great that you can play by ear .. I would never be able to do this!

    Happy AJJ - Thank you for that wonderful pages Gill!
    Happy rest of Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teacher made me smile. She doesn't look like any teacher I have ever met but that's what I love so much about her. Great pages Gill, and I love the quote. You are having some fabric fun lately, aren't you? How cool. I did some fabric painting this summer which was a lot of fun and a nice change from paper. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pages. What a good teacher you have made with her lovely lesson. That would have been a great thing to teach us - and still would be today of course. Your pupil on the right obviously had listened and appreciates her lessons.
    I like her abacus, I'm not sure I ever used one or even worked out how to, but they look pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x