Pages

Tuesday, 2 August 2016

For AJJ... Nature's Colours lift my heart


For AJJ 'Nature's Wonders'  
No matter what the weather, if I look at my garden there is something happy and colourful to see that lifts my heart.
Today, even though it is over cast and raining I can see some lovely pansies that look like little faces smiling.
 


 
I started with a simple acrylic painted and stencilled background in my art journal.
 

Then added digital elements from 'Botanique’ by American Crafts and ‘Follow your heart’ by Snickerdoodles. There was a little digital blending on some elements. The font used is 'Lexographer'.

Original Version

 
Then I decided something was missing so I made a 'digital stencil'.... yes not a real one.
I started with one diamond shape and then replicated that and you can see below what it looked like and how the fabulous software gave me the option of inverting the original to get two versions. The great thing about a digital stencil is the unattached pieces don't fall out. 
So I then used a lime green digital paintbrush and stencilled on my 'real' back ground photo and added also a little green airbrushing too.
  
 
 
Then I put back my original digital elements layout 
and added the two scribbled white hearts to finish it off.

 
 
 
Hope you will come play along too :)
 
  
I really appreciate you stopping by
and for any comments
Gill xx
 


9 comments:

  1. Another fantastic piece, like how you added the digital stenciling. I love playing with the digital possibilities, too, and it gives us great ways to combine art, photos and fantasy. Love the colours, flowers really do us good. Thank for another great piece for AJJ! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever with the selfmade digital stencil Gill! A wonderful hybrid page that lifts my heart - nature is really the best for us... so right!
    Happy Tuesday and thank you for another super hostess inspiration for AJJ!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your most beautiful page, Gill.
    Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am in awe of you making your own stencil Gill. Its a fabulous page lots of beautiful layers of colours and added flowers, the words are super as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love those vibrant colours! Your digital stencil looks great! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous piece. I think you picked some great colors. You can't lose using flowers either. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page here Gill, fabulous vibrant colours, lovely flowers...haven't a clue about digital stencilling, a bit too technical for me...but the result is gorgeous!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is tremendous with all the colours and the flowers and the patterns and the layers. Digital stencilling! - that sounds a fascinating technique especially when you can design your own stencil. It is all amazingly clever and looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful nature page certainly raises my spirits with the beautiful colors and design Gill! Really lovely.
    I agree about looking out in the garden.
    There are always surprises and things to delight us.
    The rain gives everything a nice fresh dewy look too and sometimes the raindrops on blooms make me think of diamonds oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x