Pages

Sunday, 28 August 2016

Beautiful Butterflies


Hi everyone

Hope you are having a nice weekend and for those where it's been too hot, I hope your weather hasn't stopped you having fun.

Its been quite a bit cooler here today which will hopefully mean that it's more comfortable for sleeping tonight :)

I have two pieces to show today...
My first piece is for  AJJ challenge Nature's Wonder and my second piece for MOO Mania Nature's Beauty and I've gone all Butterfly-ee today ( you know what I mean) for them both.
  
 

Both backgrounds on the pages were created with
Brusho crystal powders and Aquamarker pens. 
 
 
On the right page I  used a mask (called 'Grunge texture' made by 'That special touch') with acrylic paints. The Peacock Butterfly stamp and the quote are from two Sheena Douglass sets called ' The Butterfly effect' and 'True colours'.
The Butterfly was stamped on to tissue paper and coloured with Inktense pencils and then stuck down with Galleria matte medium, Then dots were added to the page using white Posca pen.
 

 
 
 
When I had photographed this I took it into my software programme, duplicated it and digitally cut out the Peacock butterfly and added back on top of the original but with a 'hard light' filter effect.  Then I finished off the page by adding some digital smaller butterflies and grungy foliage/flowers.
 


 
Left page background which was created with Brusho and Aquamarkers also has various digital elements added.
 
 The quote on the left says 'just when the caterpillar thought its world was over it became a butterfly'
 
 
Butterflies often have a tough time surviving for various reasons. It is sad to see so many once green gardens reduced to concrete paving with little planting. It not only makes life difficult for Butterflies but also for bees, insects and birds.
 
These are some of the Butterflies I occasionally see in my garden.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And finally below is my digital piece I'm linking to Moo Mania's 'Nature's Beauty' theme which is made up of digital elements from various kits.
 
 
 
 
Thank you for visiting
Gill x
 

10 comments:

  1. I nearly don't find words to express how amazing this pages are! I just love all about them! GORGEOUS!
    Happy new week ahead dear Gill!
    Another time to say THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for yóur fantastic support for Art Journal Journey!♥♥♥
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to mention that I am happy that you linked to Moo Mania & More as well!
    THANK YOU!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages are gorgeous, and thanks for sharing the photos of the butterflies. You have really journaled about wonders this month, and you have done your 'job' really, really well! Thanks for joining us again at AJJ and MOO! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh this is soooo stunning Gill, you've reminded me that I have that gorgeous butterfly too. Hmmm I'm thinking this is now my favourite creation of yours this month ;)

      Hugs
      Donna xx

      Delete
  4. Oh how I enjoyed all of your butterfly-ee goodness Gill!
    Each time I see one in the garden I feel like a little child.
    Your garden variety are beautiful and quite different from what we see here in Virginia.
    AND your art butterflies are splendid too.
    Such lovely pages and quotes all speak to me.
    We are still in the cooker here but lucky to have cool rooms to hide in AND play.
    So no complaints from me.
    oxo
    p.s. thank you for your really lovely comment earlier today ♥
    oh and I really want to do a butterfly piece for your AJJ challenge but the clock is ticking on me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages Gill, I always love the pages with butterflies, they always look delicate and colourful as well. The digital page is also beautiful, a super romantic style to its creation.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- this is gorgeous. I love all the little branches and those butterflies. I think they so much style to your page. Great work Gill. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages and photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x